Thanks for your interest in performing at Rubies on Five Points.
We’ve prepared the information below to make communication more efficient and to help us both have a successful event at Rubies.
First and foremost: we ONLY book shows via email.
Looking for rental and private party inquiries? Get more info here.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HEADLINING AT RUBIES ON FIVE POINTS
- Please include your band name in the subject line of your email.
- Please include specific dates that you are interested in AND available to play.
- Please include relevant information about your band AND an online link to access your music (please, do not email us mp3s).
- Links to pages with a promotional photo, bio, and sites of interest (website, Facebook, Twitter, Bandcamp, etc.) are highly recommended.
- If you do not hear back within two weeks, feel free to send a follow up email. Please do not call with booking inquiries!
- If you’re touring and new to the area, it is very helpful if you have already contacted some local bands about playing with you before reaching out.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN OPENING FOR AN ACT ALREADY HEADLINING AT RUBIES ON FIVE POINTS
- Please include the name of that act in the subject line of your email.
- Please include your band name, your hometown and an online link to access your music (please, do not email us mp3s).
- Links to pages with a promotional photo, bio, and sites of interest (website, Facebook, Twitter, Bandcamp, etc.) are highly recommended
Please keep in mind
- We do not have any backline at Rubies. You should plan to bring your instruments, amps, etc. We do provide a professional sound engineer and sound system, so you’ll never need to bring a P.A. or anything of that sort.
- We do ask that if you have a show booked at Rubies on Five Points, you do not play a show in the Triangle area (Chapel Hill/Carrboro/Durham/Raleigh) two weeks before or after our date. This helps to ensure that shows are a success for everyone involved.
- We receive a very high volume of emails. Though you may not hear back from us, we read and review all emails and will keep your inquiry/information on file for future opportunities.
- Getting booked is less than half of a successful show. We aren’t a restaurant, sports bar, etc., so we don’t have any sort of built-in crowd. If you are booked, it is assumed you will work to bring people to the show. We make and distribute fliers, advertise on social media and in print, and generally push our shows and calendar out to the area, but you know who your fans are much better than we do.
- You can email with promotion ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To help you promote your show, we’ve prepared a list of Triangle media contacts. Please click here and use this!